All winning bids are subject to a Buyer's Fee that is determined by the sale vendor.
Please read all sale terms and conditions carefully before placing a bid. By placing a bid, you are legally obligated to purchase the item if you are the winning bidder.
When placing a bid, you can bid the maximum amount you're willing to pay, but you may win the item for less. Your bid is always reduced to the minimum amount necessary to be one increment over the next highest bid. If another bidder places a bid after you, we will automatically bid on your behalf, up to your maximum. This automatic bidding is referred to as "proxy bidding", and ensures that you will never pay more than the absolute minimum required.
- The opening bid for an item is $100.
- Bidder1 places a bid for $150, and is the high bidder at $100.
- Bidder2 places a bid of $125. Proxy bidding takes place and Bidder1's high bid is set to $130, which is one increment over Bidder2's maximum bid.
- Bidder3 places a bid for $200. Proxy bidding takes place and Bidder3 becomes the new high bidder at $155, which is one increment over Bidder1's maximum bid.
- If no other bids are placed, Bidder3 will win the item at $155, even though his maximum bid was $200.
To protect your privacy, we only display your anonymous User Name. Your maximum bid is never displayed unless another bidder outbids your maximum.