|Terms of Sale|
General Terms of Sale
- All winning bids are subject to a Buyer's Fee which is set by the vendor for each sale.
- Placing a bid constitutes a legally binding contract, so bidding is only open to bidders capable of executing legal agreements.
- We reserve the right to disallow any bidder from participating, cancel any bid, or withdraw any lot.
- All estimates, bids, and shipping rates are expressed in US Dollars.
- Some lots may have a reserve, but reserves will never be higher than the estimate. Most lots are unreserved.
- Sales tax or VAT will be charged as required by law. For details, please see the Vendor-Specific Terms of Sale for the current sale, which follow these general terms.
- Postage and handling charges will be added to the final invoice. Each host on VAuctions offers various options and pricing.
- Any lot not paid for within 30 days may be relisted and the original high bidder agrees to pay for any reasonable costs incurred in the relisting and the difference between the first successful bid and the resale price. The original high bidder may also have his bidding privileges revoked.
- All items offered on VAuctions are guaranteed to be genuine. Attributions and descriptions are not guaranteed and represent the opinion of the cataloger.
- Lots may be returned if substantially misdescribed, but written notice to the sale vendor must be made within 5 days of receiving the lot. After that, lots may only be returned for reasons of authenticity. Any lot returned must be returned in the identical condition as auctioned. Slabbed coins that have been removed from the original holder may not be returned for any reason, including authenticity. Books or bullion items are not returnable for any reason.
Vendor-Specific Terms of Sale for This Sale
This is an Internet and mail bid sale conducted by Pegasi Auctions on behalf of various consignors. Bidding in this sale constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
GOOD LUCK. Place bids on www.vAuctions.com
- This sale is conducted online at www.vAuctions.com. You may also link to the sale from our website www.PegasiOnLine.com under the catalogs tab.
- All coins offered for sale in this catalog are guaranteed to be genuine. The description and state of preservation of all items are given in good faith and are based on current numismatic theory. Opinions of grade are the cataloger’s studied opinion; grading is a subjective art, opinions of grade can and do vary between experts. With respect to the state of preservation, all lots are offered “as is”.
- Closing date for Bids is Nov 14 on the Internet and Nov 13 at 2 PM offline
- An 18% buyer’s fee will be added to the hammer price of all lots. If you pay by check or money order the buyer’s fee will be reduced to 15%.
- All bids must be made in US dollars. Payment is due immediately and can be made in US funds by check, money order, credit cards (MasterCard or VISA), and PayPal. The coins become the property of the buyer only after full payment has been received. Interest (1.5% per month) and service charges ($15 per month) will be added to overdue accounts. Every bidder is personally liable for his purchases and cannot claim to act for the account of a third person. We cannot assume responsibility for any errors in bidding. PLEASE MAKE CERTAIN YOU BID ON THE CORRECT LOT.
- Please note that this is an auction sale not an approval sale. We suggest that you take the opportunity to personally view the lots at one of the public showings. You may contact us for further description or to arrange for private viewing at our offices. Any claims for adjustment from mail bidders must be made in writing within seven days after delivery; however, no returns can be accepted more than 30 days after the sale (after Dec 14). Returns must be justified by a significant error in description.
- Bidders unknown to the auctioneers are requested to establish credit. We cannot accept bids from minors without parent’s signed permission. Lot will only be sent after payment is received.
- Bidders must pay all postage and insurance charges associated with delivery of the lots. Lots sent to foreign addresses have various options for shipping. If you select an option without insurance, lots will be sent at your risk, if the package is lost or damaged we will not cover your loss.
- In the event of any dispute between bidders, the decision of Pegasi Auctions shall be final. The highest bidder shall be the buyer. Pegasi Auctions reserves the right to refuse any bid which we feel is not made in good faith.
- The minimum acceptable bid is indicated on the website for each lot. Bids will not be accepted below the stated minimum bid. Bids (including secret maximum proxy bids) can be entered on vAuctions at any time before the close of the lot. vAuctions will obtain the lot as cheaply as possible for you using increments of about 5%. If you are outbid, we will notify you by email. The upper limit of a proxy bid is not displayed on the website. vAuctions will list the current bid and the leading bidder for each lot in real time. Some lots may have reserve bids made by the consignor.
- Estimates are not limits or reserves but are intended solely as a guide for bidders. The actual prices realized may be higher or lower than these valuations.
- Bulk lots (lots that contain multiple items) are sold “as-is”, and may not be returned for any reason.
- Antiquities delivered in Michigan shall be subject to the sales tax of 6% as required by law.
- Any dispute regarding this auction shall be adjudicated only by a court located in Washtenaw County, Michigan. By placing a bid in this auction, all bidders submit themselves to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for this purpose.
- Send your mail bids to: Pegasi Auctions, PO Box 131040, Ann Arbor, MI 48113, USA.
- Contact us by phone at (734) 995-5743 or email at Office@PegasiOnline.com with any questions.
Consigning to VAuctions
Consignment fees cover the following services:
Please contact us at email@example.com for assistance with consigning.
- Payment Processing
- Insurance while in our possession
Questions or comments? Please Contact Us