General Terms of Sale
- All winning bids are subject to a Buyer's Fee which is set by the vendor for each sale.
- Placing a bid constitutes a legally binding contract, so bidding is only open to bidders capable of executing legal agreements.
- We reserve the right to disallow any bidder from participating, cancel any bid, or withdraw any lot.
- All estimates, bids, and shipping rates are expressed in US Dollars.
- Some lots may have a reserve, but reserves will never be higher than the estimate. Most lots are unreserved.
- Sales tax or VAT will be charged as required by law. For details, please see the Vendor-Specific Terms of Sale for the current sale, which follow these general terms.
- Postage and handling charges will be added to the final invoice. Each host on VAuctions offers various options and pricing.
- Any lot not paid for within 30 days may be relisted and the original high bidder agrees to pay for any reasonable costs incurred in the relisting and the difference between the first successful bid and the resale price. The original high bidder may also have his bidding privileges revoked.
- All items offered on VAuctions are guaranteed to be genuine. Attributions and descriptions are not guaranteed and represent the opinion of the cataloger.
- Lots may be returned if substantially misdescribed, but written notice to the sale vendor must be made within 5 days of receiving the lot. After that, lots may only be returned for reasons of authenticity. Any lot returned must be returned in the identical condition as auctioned. Slabbed coins that have been removed from the original holder may not be returned for any reason, including authenticity. Books or bullion items are not returnable for any reason.